We trust our doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals with our lives. Unfortunately, serious medical mistakes occur causing catastrophic lifelong injuries or even the death of a patient. The death may occur immediately or your loved one may pass away much sooner than expected. This type of negligence resulting in a serious medical injury or the death of a family member cannot be erased but compensation from a malpractice claim can help you cope with the misfortune and go on with your life.
Unfortunately, medical errors have become a serious issue in the U.S. Medical malpractice occurs when healthcare providers fail to provide accepted standards of care due to negligence, lack of judgment, or lack of skill, resulting in damage or illness to patients.
If you believe you or a family member has been harmed by medical malpractice, it is vital that you understand your rights and options. You have the right to seek justice through the courts to secure compensation for your losses and damages. At Jeff Johnson Law, we can provide advice, guidance, and representation in making your claim or lawsuit in these critical circumstances.
In the past decade, researchers have suggested that medical errors comprise the third leading cause of death. In an eight-year study by safety experts at Johns Hopkins published in the British Medical Journal, it was calculated that approximately 250,000 individuals die every year due to medical errors. This number puts medical errors in third place for U.S. causes of death.
Medical malpractice can be committed by any medical or healthcare practitioner, including doctors, nurses, pharmacists, surgeons, anesthesiologists, lab technicians, dentists, psychologists, psychiatrists, and other healthcare professionals.
Examples of medical errors can include:
- Failure to diagnose a medical condition
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition
- Giving incorrect medication or incorrect dosage of medication
- Leaving foreign objects in the body during surgery
- Incorrect surgical procedure
- Failure to recognize potential complications during labor and delivery
- Failing to take appropriate action for the development of a pressure sore
- Providing insufficient or substandard postoperative care
When you undergo any type of healthcare, you never expect to wind up with a new injury or health complication. In many cases, you may be putting your life in the hands of a practitioner. When preventable injuries or illnesses arise through medical negligence, it is undoubtedly a time of stress, confusion, and hardship.
At Jeff Johnson Law, we understand the difficulties you may be facing and are here to help you aggressively pursue compensation for losses, such as for your medical expenses related to the injury or illness, lost wages or income, out-of-pocket expenses, pain and suffering, emotional trauma, and other damages that may apply.
Medical malpractice cases are commonly very complex. They require expert testimony from other professionals, detailed medical reports and analysis, and other evidence of how you have been harmed. Our firm will thoroughly prepare your claim, negotiate with the other side for a fair settlement, or take your case to court in litigation. Attorney Jeff Johnson is a seasoned litigator with decades of experience who knows how to get results. Find out more about how we can help by contacting us today.
How to Prove Medical Malpractice
Proving medical malpractice can be a complex and challenging process. At Jeff Johnson, Attorney at Law LLC, we understand the legal requirements and steps needed to build a strong case for our clients. Here are some of the key elements that need to be proven in a medical malpractice case:
- Establishing a doctor-patient relationship
- Proving that the healthcare provider breached the standard of care
- Show that the breach of care caused the patient's injuries
- Demonstrate that the patient suffered damages, such as physical, emotional, or financial harm
Our Horry County medical malpractice lawyer has the experience and resources to gather evidence, consult with medical experts, and negotiate with insurance companies to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you with your medical malpractice case.
When it comes to medical malpractice cases in South Carolina, you need a lawyer who is experienced, knowledgeable, and dedicated to fighting for your rights. At Jeff Johnson, Attorney at Law LLC, we specialize in handling medical malpractice cases and have a proven track record of success.
Here's why you should choose us:
- Extensive experience: With years of experience in handling medical malpractice cases, our team has the expertise and knowledge to navigate the complexities of these cases. We understand the laws and regulations specific to South Carolina and have successfully represented numerous clients in similar situations.
- Personalized attention: We believe in providing personalized attention to each of our clients. We understand that every case is unique, and we take the time to understand your specific circumstances and goals. Our team will work closely with you, keeping you informed and involved throughout the entire legal process.
- Strong negotiation skills: Our team is skilled in negotiation and will aggressively pursue a fair settlement on your behalf. We know how to build a strong case and present it effectively to insurance companies and opposing counsel. However, if a fair settlement cannot be reached, we are prepared to take your case to court and fight for your rights in front of a jury.
- Compassionate representation: Dealing with the aftermath of medical malpractice can be emotionally and physically challenging. We understand the impact it can have on your life and are here to provide compassionate support throughout the legal process. We are dedicated to helping you seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
- No upfront fees: We believe that everyone should have access to quality legal representation, regardless of their financial situation. That's why we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don't pay any legal fees unless we win your case. Our goal is to make the legal process as stress-free as possible for you.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of medical malpractice in Conway, SC, don't hesitate to contact Jeff Johnson, Attorney at Law LLC. We offer a free consultation to discuss your case and answer any questions you may have. Let us fight for your rights and help you seek the justice you deserve.